Persbericht: Cognizant Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2018 Results
- Annual revenue of $16.13 billion, up 8.9% over 2017
- Names Brian Humphries as CEO, Succeeding Co-Founder Francisco D’Souza
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (Nasdaq: CTSH), one of the world’s leading professional services companies, today announced its fourth quarter and full year 2018 financial results.
Highlights – Fourth Quarter 20181
- Quarterly revenue rose to $4.13 billion, up 7.9% (8.8% in constant currency2) from the year-ago quarter.
- Quarterly GAAP diluted EPS was $1.12, compared to $(0.03) in the year-ago quarter.
- Quarterly non-GAAP diluted EPS2 was $1.13, compared to $1.03 in the year-ago quarter.
- Quarterly Adjusted Diluted EPS2 was $0.98, compared to $0.96 in the year-ago quarter.
Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2018 rose to $4.13 billion, up 7.9% from $3.83 billion in the fourth quarter of 2017. GAAP operating margin was 6.8%, non-GAAP operating margin2 was 19.5%, and Adjusted Operating Margin2 was 17.0% for the fourth quarter of 2018. Net income was $648 million, or $1.12 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $(18) million, or $(0.03) per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2017. Fourth quarter 2017 GAAP net loss included the one-time incremental income tax expense of $617 million related to the implementation of the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Non-GAAP diluted EPSwas $1.13, compared to $1.03 in the fourth quarter of 2017. Adjusted Diluted EPS was $0.98, compared to $0.96 in the fourth quarter of 2017.
“Cognizant executed well in 2018, diversifying our revenue base and client roster, and investing to build distinctive leadership in six advanced digital capabilities,” said Francisco D’Souza, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Forming the core of our digital strategy, these capabilitie>